Services For Cedars-Sinai Faculty
Foundation Relations is a campus-wide resource for coordinating approaches with private foundations on behalf of Cedars-Sinai. We should be the first point of contact for all faculty seeking funding from private foundation sources.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to contact us as early as possible in the search for support. Be sure to speak with our team to ensure that your project is coordinated with other Cedars-Sinai efforts.
The Foundation Relations team can:
- Identify potential foundation prospects.
- Develop strategies for approaching and cultivating foundations for support.
- Provide writing and editing assistance for letter of intent, proposals, and reports.
- Coordinate efforts with the Office of Sponsored Research and Funds Administration.
- Track grant-reporting requirements.
- Arrange meetings and campus visits with current and potential foundation partners.
Centrally Managed Foundations
Cedars-Sinai has strategic relationships with select private foundations, many of which have a limited submission policy. Applications to these foundations require institutional approval and coordination with the Office of Foundation Relations:
- The Ahmanson Foundation
- Annenberg Foundation
- Avon Foundation for Women (unless responding to a specific RFP)
- The Eisner Foundation, Inc.
- Flora L. Thornton Foundation
- William Randolph Hearst Foundation
- Joseph Drown Foundation
- The Louis and Harold Price Foundation, Inc.
- Margaret E. Early Medical Research Trust
- The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (unless responding to a specific RFP)
- UniHealth Foundation
- Weingart Foundation